Pages

Pages

Saturday 14 July 2012

Victoriana + Teal Me I'm Awesome


Butter - Victoriana
Icing - Teal Me I'm Awesome
Deborah Lippmann - Flat Top (Matte Top Coat)
The above picture isn't color accurate but I posted it anyway because I got a better shot of the glitter and finish.

This picture is much more color accurate. A muted, dusty light teal.

Here's the mani before I made it matte. Butter - Victoriana and Icing - Teal Me I'm Awesome with one coat of Seche Vite 

Bottle shot of Icing - Teal Me I'm Awesome

Butter - Victoriana on it's own

I wasn't really a fan of Victoriana on it's own. The color and finish were both interesting and unique, but just not enough for me. The application on this was very good, completely smooth in 2 coats with no brush strokes. I was disappointed that I had tipwear so fast though, at less than a day. I don't think I'll buy Butter polish again because it is really expensive ($17 in Canada at Holt Renfrew) and doesn't wear that well for the price.

Icing is an offshoot of Claire's accessories stores. Icing polishes come in bottles very similar to China Glaze's bottles while the Claire's ones come in bottles very similar to Seche Vite bottles. The glitter in Teal Me I'm Awesome was annoying to get on the nail. It didn't want to come off the brush and I had to poke and prod at it with the brush to get a decent amount of glitter on the nail. What you see is one thick coat with much annoyance and dabbing. It also looks like the larger hex pieces are curling up at the sides the way the light is hitting them, although the surface still feels smooth. I think maybe the hex glitter isn't flat to begin with because they look a bit curved even in the bottle. These are fairly cheap though ($5 but buy 1 get the 2nd half price so $3.75 if you buy 2) so I guess I can't complain too much. 

I really liked the way the teal glitter bits looked over Victoriana but I didn't like the silver hex pieces as much. I like this mani way more with Teal Me I'm Awesome mattified (yes that is now a word) since it gives a softer look and just makes everything more unified.

2 comments:

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric