Pages

Pages

Saturday 15 August 2015

Blue and Purple Saran Wrap Mani



Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting for a while! :( A few things have happened...

Last post I told you that my left middle finger nail broke... Well it was almost back to normal length and it broke AGAIN! :'( I don't know what's wrong with that nail... all my other nails are really strong and healthy but that middle finger nail is peeling halfway up so it's just constantly crumbling and breaking even without any actual injury to the nail. I also snapped off my pinky nail but that was from my car door.

Also... I had some friends over one night and someone tripped over the cord of the floor lamp that I normally use to take pictures. The lamp is now broken so I need to find a new one to use for my nail pictures. Sorry about the lighting in these pictures! 

I've also become really really addicted to Tsum Tsum which has been taking over my blog time lol. It's a tetris type game where you basically clear lines of cute Disney plushies that are touching. What makes it really addictive is that you use in game currency to purchase different characters which all have different powers that you can use during the games. You also level up your characters and do various missions. Please add me if you play! My Line ID is stephml I send lots of hearts everyday :)




Ok back to the nails! I didn't actually use saran wrap for this I used crumpled up paper tissue. I don't like saran wrap since it can be a bit sticky especially with the nail polish. I did this a bit differently... I put a few drops of polish onto a stamping plate and then dipped my crumpled ball into that and then dabbed onto my nails. I found that it was way less messy this way than by painting onto the nail and then dabbing off. I also like how it has less coverage this way. 

Polishes used:
Base: Color Club - Blue-Ming (I think - it came unlabeled) 
Blue: Color Club - Tumblr Blue (from IG giveaway - I don't think it's available for purchase)
Purple: Color Club - Pucci-licious (I think - it came unlabeled)

10 comments:

  1. That saran wrap mani looks great. That game your addicted to looks super cute and fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saran wrap is so easy to make and the effect is always interesting. Love the outcome of your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mani. I like the colours :-D

    Sorry to hear about the lamp. I'd be pretty miffed if my friend did that :-|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ananka!

      yeah... the base of the lamp was a bit loose already though from moving apartments. And my boyfriend helped me make a lightbox so my lighting situation is fixed now :D

      Delete
  4. What a great saran wrap mani, colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the colours you have used! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric