Pages

Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Grey and Pastel Toned Geometric Tape Mani

Hi everyone I'm back with Twinsie Tuesday again :) Today's theme is "Geometric" I decided to do a tape mani since I haven't done one in a while. 

I started with two coats of an unlabeled grey polish from Cosmetic Arts. Once that was dry I applied nail vinyls from Born Pretty Store. Use my code SL10K31 for 10% off!


Then I filled in the areas around the vinyls, peeled off the vinyls, cleaned up, and added top coat. 


My original idea was more colourful with 3 different coloured areas on each nail. I spent a while playing with the colors in Paint haha. Unfortunately the nail vinyls were wider than I realized and this didn't work as well on the nail as I was hoping. 



What I used: 
Grey: unlabeled Cosmetic Arts 
Green: China Glaze Four Leaf Clover
Purple: Color Club Pucci-licious 
Blue: unlabeled Cosmetic Arts 
Pink: unlabeled Cosmetic Arts

Since these polishes didn't come with shade labels I decided to nickname them myself so I can remember them all instead of having 50+ unnamed polishes. I nicknamed the grey "Grace,"  blue "Betty" and pink is "Veronica." I'm really enjoying naming my polishes... I'm definitely less annoyed about them being unlabeled now haha. Please let me know if you can identify any of these polishes! 


Don't forget to show the other Twinsies some love!



Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Claire at Kerruticles
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sharon at Behind Green Eyes 

21 comments:

  1. Nice design you created with those nail vinyls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm impressed. Cute colours and the whole look is kind of sporty to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks aneta :) it does look sporty now that you mention it!

      Delete
  3. It looks very nice :) Good idea to give names to the polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah my polishes are like my babies haha it bothers me when polishes just have numbers too instead of a real name

      Delete
  4. The shapes came out fantastic and I like very much the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out macing. My geometric nails just include triangle and square.This was outside the box thinking :D I might steal this manicure :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah feel free to do an inspired by mani :)

      Delete
  6. Long time ago since I made something like this! Totally love it, great color pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this - its so abstract! The colors you chose mesh perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice mani - I like it a lot :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ananka!!! I haven't heard from you in a while! Hope you're doing well!! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  9. I love what you come up with! Geometric manis are always a favourite for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's nice - it has a really 80s vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric