Pages

Pages

Thursday 24 November 2016

Something New


Hi everyone! And Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers! :) This is the mani that I originally picked to re-create for my mani swap with Sony from Nails Context. I wasn't completely happy with how it came out so I decided to try a different design for my mani swap, but I decided I would still post this anyway. 

Here is Sony's original dotticure. I've done dotticures before but only scattered random ones... This was my first time doing an... arranged dotticure? Is there a term for this? 

It was a bit hard to get the sizes of the dots and spacing even... I also made a bit of a mess trying to clean up the very pigmented teal on a few nails... I accidentally took off way too much of the side on my index nail trying to clean up that &%$# teal! Argh! I really loved the color combination though! :)

Polishes used:
NCLA White Deco (3 coats)
Cosmetic Arts unlabeled grey (nicknamed Grace)
Color Club - Gossip Column 
Color Club - Safari Garden Yellow
Color Club - Red de Rio 

17 comments:

  1. I thought these turned out looking pretty great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something new and something very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I used the title from Sony's post too :) and thanks!

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful, I really love the colours, it makes me think retro! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ithfifi! Yeah the colors are totally retro :)

      Delete
  4. Ohh I love all these dots! It turns out very pretty this manicure! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty ,fun,colorful dots :) I loved how it gives Halfmoon kinda feel ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah it was supposed to be more of a half moon type look except my dots were a bit too big and my nails a bit too short haha

      Delete
  6. so cute and elegant i like it:) where do you have gadget for following?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! At the top of the right side bar! :) those black circles... It shows on the desktop site only not mobile... But you can request the desktop version if you're on your phone :)

      Delete
  7. You did a nice job recreating them...very cool

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric