Pages

Pages

Monday 28 November 2016

The Face Shop GLI001 over Color Club Nail-Robi


Hi everyone! I decided to do a Monday blues post since I haven't done one in ages!

The Face Shop GLI001 is a clear base with white hex, diamond, and bar glitter, along with iridescent medium hex glitter and small gold glitters. Base was a bit thick but not too hard to work with. The glitters sometimes didn't seem to want to come off the brush and required some dabbing. 

Base is Color Club Nail-Robi, a gorgeous dark blue/purple creme. It looks more at home in my purple helmer drawer and it definitely looks purple when applying it and on my cotton pad when I removed it... On my nails it pretty much just looked navy blue though. It's a weird polish like that I guess. You can see that it's purple if you look by my ring finger cuticle where there's only a thin layer. This was almost a one coater... There were just a few small spots that were slightly patchy. If you applied a slightly thicker coat one coat would be enough... Or if you aren't taking macro shots lol. This one is a bit too dark for my liking but I like it with the bright colored glitters over top :)

I really liked this combination. The iridescent pieces ended up looking copper colored in most lighting and looked nice with the gold and white in the glitter along with the dark blue base. I think this glitter would look interesting over other base colors too :)

12 comments:

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric