Pages

Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Skittle Mani




Thumb: Essie - Bikini So Teeny
Index: Orly - Lollipop
Middle: OPI - Gargantuan Green Grape
Ring: Butter - Teddy Girl
Pinky: Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow
Topped with China Glaze - Fairy Dust

 blurry pic to show the scattered holo goodness of Fairy Dust

Happy Easter! This post is a bit late but I guess it's still technically Easter Monday right? Anyway here is what I've had on my nails during the long weekend. Unfortunately I did have to work today so I only got 3 days off but oh well

Overall I think this is a cute look but I think the yellow is too bright... It kind of stands out from the other colors which are lighter. I also don't like how I matched the colors on my right hand... like all the colors are in the exact same order. It looks too matchy when my hands are together I think. But I had trouble with some of the polish formulas in the past (especially Mellow Yellow) so I wanted certain polishes on certain fingers for that reason.

Review of the polishes I used:

Orly - Lollipop: 2 coats. No issues here. Perfect application very pigmented

Essie - Bikini So Teeny: 3 coats. A bit lumpy / streaky but quite pigmented. I think this could be 2 coats but my thumb nails have deep ridges which makes it difficult to apply polish evenly.

Butter London - Teddy Girl: 3 or 4 coats depending on application. Formula was easy to work with but not very pigmented. 3 coats on my left nail and 4 coats on my right nail. My right nail required an extra coat because of ridges that made it hard to get a smooth application, also I don't paint as well with my left hand. 

OPI - Gargantuan Green Grape: 4 or 5 coats depending on application. Smooth application but not very pigmented, quite sheer. 4 coats on my left nail, 5 on my right nail. Again due to less skilled application with my left hand. Shame this polish has such a bad formula it is a really cute lime green color! I would probably wear it often if it were easier to apply. I just don't have the patience for this formula!

Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow: 4 or 5 coats depending on application. Streaky and not pigmented, lumpy. Last time I tried to apply this as a full mani it wouldn't dry on my thumb nails because it settled in the ridges I have on my thumb nails and became very thick. Ugh the search for a pretty light yellow with good formula continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric