Pages

Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Ziploc bag smooshed watercolor mani over Avon Rapid Black







I really like these nails! I think they might make a nice base for galaxy nails, although as you can see the difference between the colors might be too subtle? I might try making them into galaxy nails later. I'm happy with them the way they are for now :)

Colors Used:
Avon - Rapid Black
NARS - Purple Rain
OPI - Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue
Sephora + Pantone Universe - Evergreen

Steps: 
1. Paint nails black. Wait until it is completely dry before going to the next step.
2. Apply random drops of polish using the colors you picked (should only cover about 1/2 to 2/3 of your nail to avoid a mess since it will spread out in the next step)
3. Immediately place a piece of ziploc bag over the polish (you could also try using Saran Wrap or a plastic page protector instead)
4. Lightly press down on the plastic to spread out the polish underneath. I also slid the plastic around to mix the polish even more (this was not done in the tutorials I followed)
5. Remove plastic, add topcoat, clean up :)

For a picture tutorial see Demolition Diamond on Instagram.


I bought more Avon Speed Dry polish after being really impressed with Grey Flash. Rapid Black was even more amazing! Only one coat! (except on my thumb because of the ridges on my thumbnails... a bit harder to cover evenly.) Rapid Black also dries a bit more slowly than Grey Flash which makes it easier to work with. Grey Flash dried a bit too fast and I had issues with it dragging if I tried to go over a spot twice. The brush is fairly skinny and short and is easy to control. It is not too floppy or too stiff. The formula of the polish was nice too... not too runny or too thick.  Rapid Black is also super super glossy which I really love (shown above without top coat!). Not sure about wear time yet but will update later. Avon polish is only $4 (2 for $7.99) and so far I've found that it is much better quality than drugstore nail polish which isn't even that cheap here. If you're wondering I'm in Canada... Sally Hansen and Revlon are usually $6 minimum (unless it's on sale) and that's pretty much the cheapest I can find... pretty sad... I envy you Americans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric