Pages

Pages

Friday 28 February 2014

#LLadoration - Rebecca Likes Nails blog background dotticure


Today's post is my mani for The Lacquer Legion's February theme: Adoration! 


I wanted to try out some designs I had been meaning to try for a while. I originally tried Chalkboard Nails distressed tutorial but because I was trying to use holos on black you couldn't really see the lines... ended up looking like a sparkly holo muddle... I tried doing it the way Fashion Polish did... but that didn't really work either... I also tried MrCandiipants floral nails using just the polish brush... I couldn't get the flowers small enough... I felt like mine just looked like asterisks/blobs... maybe I'm just a perfectionist... lol 

So anyway... I decided to take a break and just browse nail blogs I needed to catch up on... I ended up on Rebecca Likes Nails and thought her blog background would make a cute dotticure mani! 


In addition to having a really cute blog background, Rebecca's blog is one of the first nail blogs I ever started reading when I got into nails... and one of the few that I still read today! So for that reason I thought paying homage to her blog would be appropriate for this adoration theme :) Weirdly though I don't think I've ever left a comment on her blog! I usually sneak in my blog reading at work when I get bored (shh!!) and I can't login and comment there. I usually keep a mental list for when I get home... and I always think "bigger" blogs won't read/respond to comments... but maybe I should start commenting lol... Anyway definitely go check out her blog if you haven't already!


I tried to match my polish colors to the colors of the dots as best as I could... but I didn't have anything close to some of the colors... the others I tried to match as best as I could with my small polish collection... the colors didn't photograph properly anyway though... so they look really off... boo... photographing nails can be soooo frustrating!!! it looks closer in real life!


Colors Used:
OPI - Alpine Snow
NARS - Sharks Right (from the Pierre Hardy collaboration) post here
Unnamed Color Club - I think it's Pucci-licious... but there's no point in me telling you the name when the color is wrong... 
China Glaze - For Audrey
Color Club - Evolution

What do you think of this mani? Which nail blog have you been reading the longest?

9 comments:

  1. This is a cute manicure inspired by her blog background. Sometimes I don't have colors that match exactly but this still turned out looking nice. A nail blog I have been reading the longest has to be Chalkboard Nails. I didn't use to comment too but now I'm commenting on everyone's blog I follow, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chalkboard Nails is another great blog I've been following for a long time too! Nailasaurus too :)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty and cheerful! I don't have very many white colors because they look like whiteout on me. Maybe I will try it with dots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micki! Ya I agree it's a bit hard to pull off a plain white... it can look nice I think if it's super glossy I think! or with some glitter... at least a bit at the tips... or some kind of design element... otherwise it can be too stark and plain

      Delete
  3. I loooove this dotticure! It's so pretty! :) I want to try a dot gradient.. I've always been bad at these though. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! My first attempt was horrible too! And then I didn't try again for like 2 years lol... Just make sure you don't press too hard! and remember that it's supposed to be imperfect... I'm always obsessing over every little dot... like sometimes I'll think there's an area that's too empty and add another dot... and then I think it's too crowded... or just keep thinking that everywhere needs more dots and it just becomes a mess lol... I need to learn when to put the dotting tool down!!!

      Delete
  4. Aww great inspiration! I love your dotticure!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci! :) I'm really starting to like doing dotticures!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric