Pages

Pages

Friday 3 August 2012

Layla Magneffect Metallic Sky


Second attempt at using magnetic polish. I still suck at it haha. I think my first attempt actually turned out better than my second because I was in a rush this time and didn't really have the patience to hold the magnet for that long. Also my hands were really shaky when I was dong this so I didn't get a sharp pattern. I kind of like the pattern it created though - like a streaky painting I guess. I just don't think the results I got are worth the steep price ($18/10ml). Even on my nails with a sharp pattern I feel like no one really noticed. It's a pretty subtle effect especially with this color since the magnetized area is just lighter blue shimmer and there isn't much contrast.

I used 1 coat of Metallic Sky over 2 coats of Revlon 006 PetalChrome, a metallic light blue tinted silver kind of color. I won't bother talking about 006 PetalChrome's formula since I've probably had it for 10 years and you won't be able to find it anywhere now. I don't think adding a base color really did anything for this mani except maybe make it last a bit longer. I still had tip wear after only a day but it was a bit less. The first time I wore this polish I just wore one coat on it's own with Seche Vite. Mani shown here with Seche Vite over as well.

You can see my first attempt here. I can't believe how short, stubby and fat my nails used to look. I cringe when I look at them now haha. Here you can see my swatches for all the Layla Magneffect colors.






I accidentally hit my pnky nail on my right hand with the magnet :( I regret going out and buying this crazy expensive magnetic polish right when it came out. I wish I waited for cheaper magnetic polish. Now they're making magnetic polishes with removable magnets which I think would be a lot easier to manage than one built into the cap. There's also a ledge on the edge of many of them (Nails Inc, new Sally Hansen) which prevents you from hitting your nails


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric