Pages

Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Hard Candy Black Tie Optional vs. Sally Hansen Pixel Perfect



I didn't realize that Sally Hansen came out with a black and white glitter topper but I spotted it on clearance at my local drugstore and decided to pick it up out of curiosity. I've already had Hard Candy's Black Tie Optional for over a year but I've been looking for a back up for it... and I don't go to Walmart very often as it's out of the way for me. Plus the Hard Candy is a bit expensive considering the size... $4 for 7.8 ml so it's almost the same as paying $8 for a normal size (15 ml) bottle. I got the Sally Hansen on clearance for $2.50 for 11.8 ml so it is significantly cheaper than the Hard Candy especially on clearance.


In terms of application, I didn't have issues with either of these. Both have black and white hex and bar glitters. BTO has bigger glitters and more bar glitters. BTO is definitely much more dense than PP but I don't think that necessarily makes PP bad... it's just a different look. I think over a gradient I would prefer PP for a sparser look so more of the base can show through. On the other hand, if my base was just a creme, or if my application was lumpy and I wanted a cover up, I would reach for the BTO. I was impressed that I didn't have any clumping issues with BTO even though it is so dense. Oh and btw my base is Color Club Pure Energy... Sorry for the shrinkage at my tips! The base color was a day old when I decided to do this comparison.

You can see in the bottle that BTO is much denser than PP

Which glitter do you prefer? The denser BTO or the sparser PP? Any favorite black and white glitter toppers?

8 comments:

  1. Great comparison of these two glitters! I kind of like the Hard Candy one a bit better but there both still very nice. Awesome that you got the Sally Hansen one on clearance too. I haven't really done any nail polish shopping in stores recently, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa! I'm trying not to shop for polish since I have so much.... but it's hard to resist!

      Delete
  2. I think the Hard Candy looks better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too over most things... I think over a gradient though I prefer the more sparse look of Pixel Perfect since it doesn't cover the base as much

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comparison between these two. I'm not sure which one I like better, and agree with you that I would probably prefer one or the other for different reasons. I really love the blue you're using as a base, by the way. It goes great with the black/white glitters. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Pixel Perfect the best because it's not too overwhelming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Ya I guess they're both good in their own way :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric