Pages

Pages

Monday 28 December 2015

Monday Blues: Ikea Pillow


Hope everyone is having a good Monday! I have today off since Boxing Day fell on Saturday this year :) Today I have nails inspired by an Ikea pillow



On my index and pinky I have 1 coat of Essie Mesmerize a beautiful dusty medium blue. Great formula, and it doesn't stain which is amazing considering that it is a one coater!

For my middle and ring finger nails I started with a white base (Layla No. 23) and then I stamped using Konad black special polish and Born Pretty Store plate BP-21 item 17266. Use my code SL10K31 for 10% off!





As you can see, the lines are not fully solid... kind of a bit dashed looking. I think this is because I'm still trying to get used to my Pueen squishy stamper. I got it ages ago and couldn't get it to pick up much and just kind of abandoned it and kept using my traditional red konad stamper. I found it the other day and decided to try to prime it some more and try again. The plate seems like it is engraved well. I like all the images on this plate. I especially like how all the designs on this plate are full nail images. I like how each pattern is so large, so I can easily stamp my wide thumbnails. 


Then I used these nail vinyls from Born Pretty Store and painted over with Essie Mesmerize. I had some difficulty with this sheet of nail vinyls. They were not fully cut at the edges and in the middle where there is a dip. I had to tug on the vinyls to separate them from the others on the sheet. Since they are so thin in the middle I ended up ripping most of them which was quite frustrating. I ended up placing each half separately, trying to overlap them in the middle. Also I accidentally got some cuticle oil on the sheet... please excuse how greasy it looks haha

12 comments:

  1. Cool mani, I really like it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice manicure inspired by that pillow from Ikea. It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the perfect copy of the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks exactley like the pillow i couldn't belive it, and you did a great creative job on figuring out how to reproduce the pattern, which thecniques and tools to use..congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! I really enjoyed wearing this one :)

      Delete
  5. Your nails match very good the pattern, I like the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! When I got this pack of vinyls I honestly didn't think I would ever use the cloud shapes but I quite like it on the nails :)

      Delete
  6. Really lovely! Love that abstract pattern, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric