Pages

Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Monday Blues: Color Club - Emerald Depths

Blah I can't believe it's Monday again! The polish that I have for you today is definitely blue... the name is a total misnomer in my opinion!




This is a very vibrant. slightly turquoise blue. It's loaded with shimmer and shows a tiny bit of brush strokes but it's pretty minimal. When I photographed these, they appeared very blue and not turquoise at all. I tried to color correct on Photoshop but I'm still a newbie at Photoshop so the color probably isn't 100% accurate still. Also I made my hands look too yellow :(

The formula on this polish is, once again, amazing! This could be a one-coater with careful application. Shown is 1-2 coats... I had to go over a few areas again. I think this polish would work quite nicely for stamping :)

I just can't get enough of Color Club lately! Especially since Winners has packs of 7 full size bottles (6 polishes + top coat) for only $10! I stopped by Winners last week and actually bought 5... yes FIVE of those packs... plus 3 packs of 4 half size minis for $5 each... I should make a detailed post of that haul sometime! I really don't think I need any more polish for a while!






Special thanks to Ariel for creating the link ups for Monday Blues! :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color! Wow awesome finds of those Color Club sets too! I would totally pick a ton up if I saw them too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Ya you should RUN to your nearest Winners ASAP! I mean top coat alone is usually around $8 at a drugstore... so it's totally worth it to pay $2 more and get 6 polishes with it also right? ;) the Color Club top coat is my absolute favorite... so even if i end up with duplicates of some colors I'll just share with friends :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shade! You were very lucky to find so many good sets. I saw some similar ones in TK Maxx when I was in Germany but they didn't have great colors in them so I didn't get any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I've been so many times without finding anything... that's why when I saw these I bought them all! Hehe :) also the top coat alone is $7 or $8 so it's worth it to pay a few dollars and get 6 polishes also... that's my reasoning anyway... I'll usually buy them even if I don't like all the colors

      Delete
  3. I bought the same pack with this colour at winners a few weeks back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those packs are such a good deal! I don't think I've ever passed one up... and probably never will =p

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric