Today's Twinsie Tuesday theme is "Words." I decided to recreate one of my earliest manis... Newspaper nails using the crossword solutions! I accidentally made one of my nails slanted but I decided to just go with it and make them all slanted lol
I struggled a bit to get this technique to work even though I did it a few years ago haha. You can see the Sudoku on my right hand is much lighter... This was the practice hand! On my accent nail I have Finger Paints You're So Antsy.
I have some tutorials linked in my original post but here's a brief how-to:
1. Paint your base color and apply top coat. Make sure your base color is completely dry. I painted my base the night before.
2. Cut newspaper into strips slightly bigger than your nail
3. Pour a little bit of Isopropyl rubbing alcohol 70% USP into a small dish and soak your piece of newspaper in it for 15 seconds. (I heard vodka and almond extract also work but I haven't tried those).
4. Quickly place the newspaper on your nail and press firmly for 20 seconds. I pressed with my red Konad stamper and it worked much better than pressing with my finger.
5. Then just peel off, clean up, top coat :)
My base polish is from Cosmetic Arts but unfortunately is unlabeled :( it's a really nice light grey. My other greys look a bit brown next to this one... This one leans very slightly blue. Formula was amazing especially for such a light color. It covered in one coat on some nails, the others needed a second coat but just barely. If you come across this in a discount store I highly recommend it! Since these polishes didn't come with shade labels I decided to nickname them myself so I can remember them all instead of having 50+ unnamed polishes. I nicknamed this one "Grace." I'm really enjoying naming my polishes... I'm definitely less annoyed about them being unlabeled now haha. Please let me know if you can identify the polish!
And just for fun... I was playing around in Photoshop and decided to flip my picture so the writing isn't backwards anymore hehe
Don't forget to show the other Twinsies some love!
Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sara at The Call of Beauty
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Megan at A Beauty in the Business
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Lisa at The Polish Playground
Claire at Kerruticles
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish
Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
Alaina at The Little Canvas