Pages

Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Dior Tra-La-La + leopard print

Hi Everyone! It's my first time posting late for Twinsie Tuesday :( I stayed up late last night editing pictures and writing most of my text... and then blogger went down... and then I wasted another half an hour trying to refresh and stubbornly trying to get it to work lol. Anyway Twinsie Tuesday is now running every other week... I'm pretty glad we decided to change the schedule to biweekly since I'm starting a new job next week and I'm not sure how busy I'll be! :D Anyway today's prompt is "Inspired by Your Childhood." I wasn't sure what to do for this one and then I found this old furry pink leopard print pillow in my parents' basement and went with it :) This is from when I was 11 or 12 and I probably bought it at Claire's but I don't really remember...



Base is Dior Tra-la-la stamped with Konad m57 and Konad black stamping polish.


This is my first time trying a "designer" polish... I never tried one before because they're quite expensive and I was worried it would be a waste of money... Or worse it would be amazing and I wouldn't be able to go back to the bargain Color Club sets I love so much! So I ended up borrowing this Dior... That's why it's not a color I typically wear and definitely not a color I would pick if I was splurging on a polish.

Tra-la-la is a milky light pink ballerina kind of color. I thought this was one of those French mani shades but it is a bit too streaky to be worn that sheer unfortunately. Shown is 3 coats. This is a little bit streaky but it's not too bad as long as you don't over-manipulate it... try not to do more than 3 strokes per nail (one down the middle and then one down each side). Shown is 3 coats. This dried pretty slowly unfortunately and I did dent a few nails but managed to mostly smooth them out... you can see my middle nail is a bit bumpy though. I wore this for 5 days and I didn't have any chipping... just a bit of tip wear which is pretty good.

The packaging is quite nice and gives an expensive feel. If you're buying it for the brand it's branded everywhere haha. The outer cap comes off for easier polishing. I wish the black inner cap was a bit longer though... I found it a little bit stubby and while it wasn't horrible it would have been more comfortable to hold if it were a bit longer. 



The brush is quite nice. It is flat and wide, but not quite as wide as the OPI brush. It's also slightly rounded at the corners which is nice... I'll occasionally get my cuticle with the corner of my OPI brush. 


Overall I think this polish is decent but not worth the $31 CAD ($27 USD) especially since this polish is only 10 ml... standard polish is 15 ml so it's two-thirds the size. If this were a normal size polish it would be $46.50 CAD ($40.50 USD)! ($31 / 10 ml = $3.10 / 1 ml... $3.10 x 15 ml = $46.50) So maybe I would buy a Dior polish if the color was really really special... but otherwise no. I loved the brush and it wore fairly well but didn't dry that quickly and overall didn't impress me that much. 

Do you ever buy designer polishes? What's the most you would be willing to spend on a bottle of polish? 


Don't forget to show the other Twinsies some love!


Sharon at Behind Green Eyes 
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Claire at Kerruticles
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish
Alaina at The Little Canvas
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

23 comments:

  1. You leo nails look great with that nude polish, I really like it!
    I own only one Chanel and two other "high-end" polish, because I really liked the colour. But normally I think they're too expensive and I don't buy them. The most expensive polish I ever bought was this Chanel polish I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Yeah I think they're too expensive for my budget too... And you can get great polish for cheaper :)

      Delete
  2. I love leopard patterns, and yours looks elegant, not kitchy, I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks aneta :) glad to hear that! Sometimes I'm worried about leopard print looking too kitschy at work but I do love it!

      Delete
  3. Your leopard print looks great! I really like it over that light base too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that print. :) I have only one HE polish - Chanel Azure. It's not worth that money definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marry! Yeah I'd rather spend my money on cheaper polishes and be able to buy more colors :)

      Delete
  5. Hi dear Stephanie! The Dior nail polish you used as a base is adorable! And the final mani super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink and leopard! I'm with you on designer polish. The only one I own in Louboutin rouge red, and that was a Christmas present- I could never spend that much money on one polish for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sarah! ya I wouldn't spend the money either... but I wouldn't complain if I got designer polish as a present ;)

      Delete
  7. I have bought a Dior polish. Have used it in multiple nail designs but havent posted its swatch yet. I guess I should do that. I bought a Marc Jacobs one too recently.

    That's a beautiful nail art. Love the base color

    --Sony
    http://nailscontext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The base color is amazing. the leopard pattern is perfect. Gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nail art turned out so cute! I'm not sure if I would ever splurge on a Dior polish though. It seems too expensive for something that is sheer and takes so long to dry /:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yeah I don't know if I would either... I'm glad I borrowed this one haha

      Delete
  11. I really love the leopard print :)
    I do not own any polishes from Dior but I do have one polish from Chanel and I LOVE IT :)
    Freddi gave it to me a while ago so it means even more to me cause of that :)
    I have been eyeing Dior polishes but I will not buy them unless they are on a very good sale ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah leopard print is always fun :) one day I will buy myself a Chanel polish! ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric