Pages

Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

One Stroke Chevrons



Hi everyone! A bit late with this week's Twinsie Tuesday post... I really struggled with this week's prompt! The prompt is "One Stroke Flowers" and I tried for 3 nights straight (why my base has a bit of tip wear) and I really couldn't get the hang of flowers :( I had trouble getting the paint to even stick onto the nail. YouTube nail artists make it look so easy! I really should have started working on this mani earlier but I didn't expect it to be so challenging! I eventually managed to make some squiggly chevrons instead of flowers.

Base is 2 coats of Color Club In De-Nile. Then I used the one stroke technique to make the chevrons using blue and white acrylic paint and a short square brush.

Have you ever tried the one stroke technique? Do you have any tips?


19 comments:

  1. I like the chevron stripes you created though! I was struggling with the one stroke flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, in the tutorials all one stroke flowers look so easy and I am always struggling with it. But regardless of this, I like the artistic look of your chevron nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Stephanie, I've never tried this technique. I like your attempt though! A big hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really struggled with this prompt as well - I think it's one of the hardest we've had! I love your chevrons though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Yeah definitely one of the hardest prompts so far!

      Delete
  5. I like this mani and the colour you have used :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It came our nice ...your struggles paid off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pastel and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look. very artistic. I have tried one stroke before but never could get hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yeah i didn't think it would be so hard!

      Delete
  9. Oh wow I love these chevrons, they looks so much more interesting then the usual type, they look far more creative and artsy! I like it ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mani looks so lovely!
    I tried one stroke once but it was a total failure. As you told, the colour didn't want to stick on my nail and it was soo frustrating because it looked so easy on youtube :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nicole! yeah the motions weren't too hard on paper but yeah wouldn't stick to my nails :(

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric