Pages

Pages

Thursday 5 September 2013

Gotta squeeze in Flip Flop Fantasy before summer is over!

Wore this mani the entire short (4 day) work week. I realized that I somehow neglected China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy all summer this year! That definitely can't happen. That's like a nail polish crime or something. So I threw it on before fall is officially here. Unfortunately it rained all week here so I didn't really get to enjoy this neon in all it's glory.


I started with just plain accent nails. I wanted to use the grey and pink and do framed/border nails (see Candice's YouTube tutorial here) but I was in a rush and I didn't think my hands are steady enough to do them neatly. I just left them like so for 2 days. This is 3-4 coats of China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and 2-3 coats of American Apparel Echo Park on the accent. Both were a bit lumpy and didn't apply that evenly so I needed more coats on some nails but others ended up ok so I put it as a range.

I didn't like Echo Park with Flip Flop Fantasy. I just felt like it looked too dark especially in low lighting where FFF would glow and Echo Park would just look darker lol. I thought the accent nails would maybe look better with a bright light blue. Plus I had some chips and tip wear on my thumbs... So I used some hole punch reinforcement stickers and went over my nails with China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint. I put the stickers at the cuticle so that a grey circle would remain there. I think that because the stickers were big the curve was quite wide and it almost looks like a straight line across my nail. I need to find other stickers that are smaller with a more noticeable curve to them.


What do you think of this mani? Do you like Refresh Mint or Echo Park more with FFF?

***EDIT: I forgot to mention... this is the original version of China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy. CG has changed the color but kept the name which personally I find very annoying. If you wanted to order this online you wouldn't know which one you were going to get! The new version is still neon but more peachy colored. Here is a side by side comparison from Chit Chat Nails.****


2 comments:

  1. Flip Flop Fantasy looks so pretty! I really need to pick it up :) I like Refresh Mint with it a lot more since its lighter in shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! BTW FYI... not sure if you already know this but China Glaze totally changed Flip Flop Fantasy but kept the name... the new FFF is more peachy while the original is more pink... I'll update my post and put in a link where you can see a comparison :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric