Pages

Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

Bliss Kiss Nail Oil Review


I was really interested in trying out Bliss Kiss Pure Nail Oil after seeing so many before and after pictures on instagram. See Ana's instagram @simplenailarttips if you want to see some. Then I read more about Bliss Kiss on the website and found that you're supposed to do a 3 day Initial Hydration Treatment. In short, this means that you don't wear any nail polish for 3 days. Apply the oil throughout the day. Once it feels as if the oil has soaked in, apply more oil. Reading about this 3 day hydration treatment honestly made me very skeptical of the oil. I thought to myself "wouldn't my nails look amazing if I applied ANY oil to them all day for 3 days?!" So I tried applying OPI Avoplex in this way... I did it for one day and it did moisturize my cuticles but didn't do a whole lot else. It also didn't feel like it was really soaking in to my nails. So I decided to try Bliss Kiss.... 
Bliss Kiss is made mainly with jojoba oil which makes it different than almost every cuticle oil out there. Ana says that jojoba oil is close in molecular structure to sebum which allows it to penetrate the nail unlike other oils.

Here is the full list of ingredients: jojoba wax ester, grape seed oil, olive oil, vitamin a, vitamin e, fragrance oil blend (optional), tea tree oil

First impressions: the oil is much drier than most oils... if that makes any sense at all haha. It's much thinner... it's consistency is more like water... and it doesn't feel nearly as oily as other oils. It also absorbs really quickly. 

Now for my before and after pictures before I talk about my results...

right before my first application

after 3 days... look at those white tips!!! :D
also... the peeling on my index is fixed! (I did a tiny bit of filing but I didn't file off the peeled area completely)

right before my first application 

after 3 days... the peeling stopped and the layers of nail actually stuck back together again! also all that dried skin crap on the left sidewall is gone! cuts are almost healed

right before my first application

after 3 days... more white tips!!! :D
existing cuts healed! unfortunately i have a horrible picking habit so i created a new cut on my ring... more on that later

The only reason I bought this oil was that I thought my cuticles seriously needed help. I didn't realize how much my nails also needed this oil until I tried it!

Nails: I am sooo amazed at how much better my nails look! I don't know how this oil made my tips so white! (please excuse the polish staining!) The tips have always been clear and it's something I've always hated about my nails! I'm not self-conscious about going out without polish anymore. They also feel stronger without feeling too hard so that they would snap easily. I started using this oil a week and a half ago and I noticed my nails are also growing faster!

Cuticles: This oil did a pretty good job of moisturizing my cuticles, and healed minor cuts very quickly. This made all my "normal" cuticles look much better. However, some of my cuticles are hard and calloused from me cutting them (before I knew better!) and picking at them when they peel/crack. Basically they overgrow, then peel, then bleed, then heal, overgrow... and process starts over again. Each stage is about a week so it's too early to tell whether this oil will fix my calloused cuticle problem. It definitely didn't make them any worse though. I am really hoping that it can fix my calloused cuticles! I'll do an update post later :) If you have normal cuticles that are just dry but not calloused this oil will likely work well for you.

Packaging/Application: I really liked using the eye dropper style bottle to apply the oil. I just lightly touched the tip to my cuticle without squeezing and rubbed it in to my skin/nail. I think the dropper bottle is actually designed to be used to refill the pen style applicator but I personally am not a fan of those brush pen applicators. I just feel like it's too slow to use... I hate clicking it until I see oil... I'm just really impatient :p I like that Ana sells larger bottles of cuticle oil for cheaper, and that both the pens and dropper bottles are refillable. This saves money and the environment!

Fragrance: I got the Crisp scent and it didn't smell like I expected it to from the description. I wouldn't say it smelled bad or anything though. I thought it would smell more citrus-y but to me it smells like coconut. Then again there may be something wrong with my nose... 

Other uses: I also ended up using this oil around my nose. I had a really bad cold last week that's finally almost gone. I had the most annoying runny nose. I was blowing my nose all day! The skin around my nose was really raw and sore. I put this oil on at night and it instantly soothed the area. It didn't burn like my normal moisturizer did when I tried to apply it to the area. I was a bit worried that applying oil to my face would cause me to break out but I am happy to report that this didn't cause any breakouts! Ana also has clients who use this oil for eczema and to heal tattoos with good results!

Other comments: I wish this came in cream format! Before I started using Bliss Kiss I used  Lush Lemony Flutter and I would apply it extra thick kind of like a face mask for cuticles when they were really dry. I can only imagine how amazing this product would be if it came in cream format! I guess that would change it's composition though so it probably wouldn't work as well. 

Have you ever tried Bliss Kiss Nail Oil? What's your favorite cuticle care product?

17 comments:

  1. You can definitely see an improvement. Its great to see that you like this oil too. I haven't tried it yet but from the reviews I've seen of it so far, its something I'll have to look into getting. Right now I'm using the Lush Lemony Flutter one and I like that one so far but sometimes its a bit heavy to wear outside with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Lemony Flutter still for my cuticles... but it didn't do anything for my nails. The improvement is quite impressive!

      Delete
  2. Wow - what an improvement! Your nails look great! I never would have thought to use something like this on my nose - I always joke that I've had a constant runny nose ever since moving to Colorado, and it gets a little chapped sometimes in the winter - especially after I go skiing. Really great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justina! I'm happy someone read my review all the way to the end! :) I only put it on my nose out of desperation... I tried all my other moisturizers and it just made it worse. I figured it was worth a shot if people were able to use it on eczema.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe this is only after three days of using the product! What an improvement it made! I like how it's a light oil too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! :D I'm also on the lookout for good cuticle oils :) I also have brittle nails. Right now, I'm using pure jojoba oil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is the pure jojoba oil? My only complaint with this is it's expensive :(

      Delete
    2. My two favorite women, Mom and BFF, tried straight jojoba, thinking it would work better. More must be better, right? Nope. They both reported that it didn't work as well. Jojoba is an extremely expensive oil and most indies don't price it right. They don't realize that they are actually losing money. Our nearest commercial competitor is SolarOil and they are twice as expensive as Pure™. Our salon/spa owners have said that comparing SolarOil to Bliss Kiss™ Pure Nail Oil™ is like comparing apples to oranges. The oils have a synergistic relationship that just works better. :)

      Delete
    3. I'm a bit confused are you using bliss kiss or solar oil in the pic?

      Delete
    4. Bliss kiss... The review is for bliss kiss... We were just discussing solar oil as an alternative but it's more expensive and apparently doesn't work as well.

      Delete
  5. Your nails look amazing. This oil is just the best, isn't it? I've been using it for a month now and I love it. Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been amazing for my nails! I hope it can fix my cuticles... my cuticles are pretty hopeless :(

      Delete
  6. You've definitely convinced me to try this. Your nails look amazing. I've always had perfect nails all my life. But from doing nail art all the time, I've been struggling with cracked and peeling nails for the past year. Looks like this may help. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! it definitely helped my nails a lot! :)

      Delete
  7. Great review!!!! It will definitely help with your calluses. But it does take more than 3 days. You'll love the results over the next couple of months. I use it on my face instead of all those expensive face creams. I actually get less breakouts when using it regularly. What can I do to convince you to use the pen. For about 97% of our customers, myself included, it's our favorite. You don't have to click it until you see oil. Three clicks does 3 nails. Try it and let me know what you think. ~Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dropper is easier just because of when I use it. I work as a teller in a bank so I usually just wait until there's no clients and the coast is clear and then duck and kind of crouch behind my desk for 5-10 seconds to dot a bit of oil onto the base of each nail. I can't disappear too long because I need to keep an eye out for clients coming in. Then I sit back up and rub the oil in with the other hand (with my hands under my desk). I also have to apply it in the dark when I get into bed (my boyfriend works a much earlier shift than I do and is already asleep when I get to bed - I don't use any night light because I don't want to wake him up). I find it is much easier to use the dropper when I can't see what I'm doing... I can just do it by feel and feel when enough oil has come out (with the finger that is doing the rubbing). Don't worry I'm not complaining about your pen specifically... I've never liked them when I've tried them from other brands either. And I'm perfectly happy using the dropper :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric