Pages

Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Spongebob Squarepants Flowers



Today's prompt is favourite brand / technique so I decided to do some stamping :)

When Born Pretty Store asked me to pick some items for review I immediately picked this plate. The flowers reminded me of the background of Spongebob Squarepants so I tried to recreate it.



I wanted to do my mani pose with Spongebob but my Spongebob was too big haha




I started with a base of China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint (2 coats) and did a gradient with Color Club Evolution and Bright Night. Then I stamped the flowers individually using Born Pretty Store plate Q Girl 008. Use my code SL10K31 for 10% off! Stamping polishes are Color Club Flickr Pink*, Tumblr Blue*, Yahoo Purple*, and Orly Lollipop (light pink). *I won these polishes in a Color Club giveaway and don't think they are available for sale sorry!






It was getting late when I did this mani so I decided not to do a gradient on my right hand and did two tone stamping instead. This also allows you to see what the full image looks like on the nail. I stamped with Color Club Tumblr Blue* and Yahoo Purple* over China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint (2 coats).



The Born Pretty Store plates now come wrapped in a cute frosted plastic envelope. There is a blue film on it that you need to remove before use.



The plates now have a plastic backing too which is nice! No more sharp edges to worry about :)

I had trouble stamping at first but I think that was because the polishes I was using were too runny in consistency. I found that leaving the polish on the plate for 10-15 seconds before scraping fixed the problem by allowing the polish to thicken slightly.

The image was engraved well and I was able to transfer the image easily once I let the polish thicken a bit. I really like the flower pattern on this plate. I like how there are smaller and slightly larger flowers. I think this would be really cute if you used the stamping decal technique to fill in the larger flowers. I love the triangles too and I'll definitely be using them later! My only small complaint is that I wish there were a few more of the bigger triangles so they could be used as a full nail image.

What do you think of this mani? Does anyone else watch Spongebob?



12 comments:

  1. So cute! I used to watch Spongebob Squarepants a ton when I was younger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa! I love Spongebob too as you can probably tell haha

      Delete
  2. What a fun inspiration and the final manicure is extremely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mani :-D I love Spongebob so much :-D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ananka! me too hehe... i wish i had a spongebob keychain for my mani pose!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous, it certainly does make me think of good old Spongie! :) I love the gradient colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorei ficaram lindas as unhas!
    Beijokas da Camila e Carol
    http://www.vamospapear.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, I love Spongebob!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric