Pages

Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Twinsie Tuesday: Gradient + Stamping



This week's Twinsie Tuesday theme is "Gradient + Stamping." I rarely ever do gradients because I hate the cleanup. I decided to try it again with my peel off latex that I bought at a costume store. Unfortunately it kept sticking to my sponge and coming off my skin as I did my gradient and didn't end up helping much. It actually made clean up even worse on some of my nails... It broke as I was peeling it away from a few nails and some latex landed on my wet nails which I then had to try to pluck off without wrecking the gradient. Plus I had all these annoying little bits of latex to clean up around my nails after in addition to the polish :@ I'm not doing another gradient until I get some proper peel off latex!

Anyway enough ranting... This was inspired by this mani by Gwenn from Sugar Nails.I started with 2 coats of an unlabeled sky blue polish from Cosmetic Arts (nicknamed Betty) and then did a gradient with the sky blue, Color Club Gossip Column and Avon Rapid Black. 


Then I stamped with Pueen plate SE02B and white stamping polish from Born Pretty Store. Use my code SL10K31 for 10% off!

The white stamping polish is very pigmented yet watery in consistency. I found that the same amount of polish scraped across more area than Konad stamping polish I've used in the past. As you can see the stamping polish is quite opaque.

I really love the dark stormy colors in this look. What do you think of this mani? 


Don't forget to show the other Twinsies some love!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Sharon at Behind Green Eyes 

17 comments:

  1. I really like this manicure. The gradient is awesome and I like that its dark on top and goes lighter near the tips of your nails. The white stamping on top really brightened the while manicure up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I think it might have looked better if I only stamped around the cuticle so the stamping kind of faded away but oh well next time!

      Delete
  2. This turned out gorgeous! Have tried the latex barrier from Bliss Kiss or Glisten & Glow? I have both of them and love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No... I've only tried this costume store peel off latex. It works fine for watermarbles but I guess not gradients... I've been thinking about getting the bliss kiss one I've heard lots of great things :) thanks for the recommendations!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous gradient, so mysterious. Lovely mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gradiënt <3 <3 <3 Stunning mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the gradient, it looks like a faded french nail art and the stamping is gorgeous on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks absolutely awesome! The gradient is amazing and the stamping suits very well, too. I think I have to try this colour combination, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry the latex gave you such problems! I always have the same problem...and need to just invest in the good stuff. I think your gradient is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Yeah I guess I'll be buying some more expensive latex... It will be well worth the time and frustration saved haha

      Delete
  8. I wanna do a nail art like your since forever! Well done, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous!! The end result is well worth all the trouble you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! I ended up wearing this for almost a week! :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric