Pages

Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Monday Blues: Blue/Teal Ombre


This is kind of a cheat post haha... I couldn't bear to take off my snow leopard mani yet so this is actually an unposted mani from back in June... I never posted it because I got soooo frustrated trying to take color accurate pictures of it / color correct it in Photoshop. My idea was to not only go from lighter to darker from thumb to pinky but also to go from more blue to more teal at the same time. My ring finger did not photograph color accurately at all though :( so it just looks blue... But I guess that works for Monday Blues lol!

Colors used, thumb to pinky:
Nicole by OPI - Alex by the Books
China Glaze - For Audrey
OPI - Fly
Color Club - Abyss (NOT color accurate!!! click here to see the color)
Essie - Go Overboard (looks more green in real life)

I don't really remember much about this mani since it was so long ago... I THINK all those polishes are 2 coaters but I'm not 100% sure. 

Also it's kind of crazy how much my pictures/nail painting skills have improved in half a year! :) 

Happy Monday!

Oopsie... forgot to put everyone else's links in originally!


Special thanks to Ariel for creating the link ups for Monday Blues! :)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely!!! I haven't done an ombré in a while. I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! Ya ombré manis are a good way to do "nail art" very easily... You probably have tons of colors to pick from so you'll be able to create a nice smooth transition :)

      Delete
  2. It's definitely not cheating! I sometimes post older manicures when I'm busy or if I haven't had time to post them before. I know that colors like these are very hard to photograph so I understand your struggle. They do look beautiful and I love ombre manicures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mihaela! I guess I need to work on my Photoshop skills too... it would be good if I could color correct only certain parts of the picture :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric