Pages

Pages

Sunday 27 July 2014

OMD2 - 31DC - Roses (25th)




Still so behind on this challenge! :( Anyway for the "Roses" prompt I did some stamping with Sally Hansen Color Foil Rose Copper using Pueen plate SE03A from the Encore set (my full review, unboxing, and images here). Base is Layla No. 23

I really like this image and the color of Rose Copper but I think maybe I should have used a different base color. I think there wasn't enough contrast between the white and light pink metallic... Maybe black or a dark red base would work better? It's a pretty mani from certain angles when the light hits it right, but most of the time it ended up looking like I was just wearing a pink frost... :( see below


I think this is one of those designs that looked amazing in my head but didn't really work out that well. What do you think of this mani? Do you ever envision some great mani and then it just doesn't turn out as you were expecting?

It's not too late to join this challenge! Full rules here


6 comments:

  1. Agree, it definitely looks really good in certain angles but too bad it didn't work out too well in the end. Oh well, at least you tried! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa! at least I was able to capture it when it looked good I guess... I hate it when I'm not able to capture the beauty of something on camera!

      Delete
  2. I think it looks great. I wish I had some of those Colorfoils to stamp with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I can't wait to play with them more! :)

      Delete
  3. These are such pretty roses. I love the looks of these Sally Hansen foils :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! i'm having issues picking them up with my squishy stamper somehow though :( i didn't have any issues with this mani since I used the hard red konad one but I just broke a nail and am holding it together with a tea bag and super glue... so no pressure on it for a while!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric