Pages

Pages

Monday 14 July 2014

Pueen Encore unboxing, review, and image of all plates


Hey everyone! I'm taking a break from my 31 day challenge posts (again lol) because I finally (thanks for the cut backs Canada post) got these Pueen plates in the mail! I entered a Pueen stamping contest on Instagram and although I didn't win, they gave everyone who participated a $20 credit which I thought was very generous of them! :)

Here's an unboxing post as well as the full size images, and a test mani. The Pueen Encore set is the first set of plates to have images on both the front and back of the plate. I bought these plates without having any idea what the images looked like, but I had faith in Pueen! I love the plates. As always from Pueen, the designs are beautiful. I wasn't very happy with the packaging however.

Since the plates are double sided, they come with a frame thing around them to protect you from sharp edges. I personally decided to remove the frame because I thought I would get polish/polish run off while cleaning plate underneath it. It's loose and not stuck down to the plate like I thought it would be from the description. I also found the frame made it really difficult to remove the blue film.

Also a note on size: Pueen's description says these plates are 10cm x 10cm... which they technically are. But that includes the border. The stamping area is actually only 8cm x 8cm. Thanks Swanette for noticing! Check out her review video here :)


Here's how the booklet opens. It opens into one long strip. I personally don't like that it opens like this because then you have to flip it around to see the images on the back of the plates.

When you take each plate out of it's pocket, you find that each plate is in it's own little holder.

The idea is to remove the center area each holder. This leaves the frame around the plate so you don't accidentally cut yourself on the sharp edges (since the plate is just metal - there is no paper backing since it is double sided). I found it difficult to get a peel going on this line and I chipped a few nails trying to get them open :(

On a few of my plates, I think the plastic wasn't cut deep enough and it just ripped when I tried to pull along the cut.

Ok got the middle part out... finally. At this point I think you're supposed to lift the frame so you can peel away the blue film. I got annoyed trying to get the blue film off with the frame thing still on so I just removed the frame entirely. I honestly don't think I'm going to put the frame back on. 

I found it a bit weird that the instructions were upside down looking at where the opening of the slots is.

The Pueen cover logo is also sideways... I keep opening it sideways by accident lol and then the plates slide out.


Onto the beautiful images!
 Pueen SE01A

 Pueen SE01B

 Pueen SE02A

 Pueen SE02B

 Pueen SE03A

 Pueen SE03B

 Pueen SE04A

Pueen SE04B

Here's a mani I did with SE01A. It's not my best stamping I just tested it over my existing mani quickly. I pressed a bit too hard with my stamper and smudged the image :( base polish is by The Face Shop but I couldn't seem to find a shade name for it. Edit: it is GR506


Overall, I think the packaging could be improved but the stamping plates are beautiful and the images transfer really well. I'm also really loving these full size image plates because traditional images are never big enough for my thumbs!

What do you think of these plates? Will you be picking these up?

12 comments:

  1. The stamping plate designs are gorgeous and its great to see that they stamp really well too. Agree, the packaging on them doesn't seem like the best and could be improved. I really want to pick this set up but its kind of expensive at the same time, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it is kind of expensive :( the shipping to Canada was $10 so it ended up costing me $35 total... I had a $20 credit from the contest but it was still $15... I thought the stamping area would be a bit bigger too to justify the price

      Delete
  2. Oh wow these plates have really cool designs! I like the variety :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree there is a lot of variety :) very delicate swirls and florals and also more bold graffiti and geometric patterns

      Delete
  3. Wow, the stamping plates have some really gorgeous designs! Looking forward to seeing these on you. :) I love the base color you're wearing in the pictures too. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yun! That polish was amazing... it's getting it's own post sometime so stay tuned! :)

      Delete
  4. Whoa, those plates are amazing. I can't wait to see all the gorgeousness you're going to create with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You got the Encore! :) I love these! I swear! I'm still contemplating whether I should buy one or not. Haha. Btw, I heard the edges are very sharp? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shipping is pretty expensive :( probably even more to the Philippines... I like the plates but I think the normal ones are a better value. The edges are super sharp I cut myself! :( I think I'm going to just wrap them with washi tape I'll probably cut myself trying to get the plates back into the frames lol

      Delete
  6. I bought these over the weekend. Can't wait! I have a feeling I'm gonna remove the frame too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the images are beautiful! I'm not a fan of the frame though... I ended up wrapping the edges of my plates with washi tape instead but I keep getting polish on my washi tape / accidentally removing the pattern on the tape :( so it doesn't look pretty anymore but at least I'm not slicing up my fingers lol

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric